Best Baby Walkers In India
Walkers are quite a controversial subject among parents and pediatricians. There are a lot of disadvantages and dangers associated with walkers. So, unlike our other top picks guides, in this article, we are not going to focus just on the best baby walkers in India. Rather, first, we are going to tell you about all the dangers and potentials harms associated with walkers. Then, we are going to discuss its benefits. And if you still think the benefits outweigh its negatives, then go ahead and find some of the better baby walkers available in India.
Table of Contents
- Benefits Of Walker
- Best Baby Walkers
- Chicco Band Baby Walker
- Chicco 123 Baby Walker
- Luvlap Grand Baby Walker with Rocker
- Baybee Peggy Walker cum Rocker
- Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
- Chicco Baby Step Activity Walker
- MeeMee Baby Walker Cum Rocker
- Walkers help babies to move very fast making them prone to accidents. Babies move at such a fast pace that the accident would have occurred before the caretaker can intervene.
- Walker gives baby extra height making it easy for them to reach things on table or kitchen countertop.
- Walkers don’t help babies to learn to walk. On the contrary, babies are unlikely to develop muscle strength in their legs when they use a walker for long. Ideally, babies should lie on floor, roll, crawl and learn to walk on their own in order to develop their muscles and reach the milestones.
- If your house has a staircase or swimming pool, DO NOT buy a walker as babies if unattended in a walker could fall down the staircase or into the swimming pool.
Benefits Of Walker
- Most baby walkers have a number of toys to engage the baby, making him happy for a few minutes and giving you some much-needed rest. That being said, it is better to get an activity center for your baby instead as it doesn’t have any of the disadvantages of a walker.
- It is a lifesaver for moms in a nuclear family. You will be able to carry on with your household chores and your baby will be able to follow you on his own, making him independent and happy.
- You can minimize the dangers associated with a walker if your house doesn’t have any steps/ stairs and if it is completely baby proofed.
As you are still reading, we guess benefits of Walker outweigh the negatives for your circumstance. So, now, let us see how we have formed the below list. With an aim to shortlist walkers that are relatively safe, we have mostly chosen slow moving walkers with brakes or rubber grip wheels. As keeping the baby engaged is one of the main functions associated with a walker, we have also taken care to include the ones that have stimulating toys.
Best Baby Walkers
Chicco Band Baby Walker
Find latest priceChicco Band is a fairly safe baby walker that has six safety brakes that stops itself when any one of the wheels reaches a step. As its height can be adjusted, the baby’s feet always touch the ground giving them better control over the walker’s movement. The play panels are pretty engaging. You can choose from either a keyboard play panel or a car dashboard panel as per your child’s liking.
Rating: 4.8/5 (based on 9 customer reviews)
Chicco 123 Baby Walker
Find latest priceThe best thing about this baby walker is that as the baby grows older, you can convert it in to a push toy and then a ride on toy. As it is heavy, you don’t have to worry about the baby skidding or falling while using this walker. Its seat can be adjusted to two height levels and thanks to its seven stoppers, the walker stops as soon as it reaches a step making it comparatively safer.
Rating: 4.8/5 (based on 11 customer reviews)
Luvlap Grand Baby Walker with Rocker
Find latest priceThis walker cum rocker has three adjustable height settings and a toy tray with removable toys that can be detached to convert it to a dining tray. As it can be folded, the walker can be stowed underneath the bed when not in use. The fairly wide base ensures that the baby doesn’t venture into narrow stairways or places where they ought not go. Other than this, it doesn’t really have any other safety features that prevent the baby from walker related accidents.
Rating: 4.5/5 (based on 5 customer reviews)
Baybee Peggy Walker cum Rocker
Find latest priceWith three adjustable height settings, padded backrest, plush seat, 360 degree rotating wheel and a colourful play center, Baybee Peggy Walker is sure to delight your baby. Parents can take control over the walker’s movement with its heavy-duty push bar. The main negative of this walker is that it doesn’t have safety features like brakes or stoppers. The music too can be a little annoying, as it doesn’t have an on/off switch
Rating: 4/5 (based on 26 customer reviews)
Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
Find latest priceWith a wide wheelbase and a sturdy handle, this is not just a walker, but a pretend play toy too. Your baby will enjoy being all ‘grown up’ and pushing the doll (sold separately) around. Unlike other walkers, you won’t have to stow it away once the baby starts walking, as even toddlers would enjoy pushing it around. Though the wheels aren’t too fast, your baby is likely to need your assistance in the beginning while using this walker.
Rating: 5/5 (based on 3 customer reviews)
Chicco Baby Step Activity Walker
Find latest priceThis walker encourages the baby to walk by playing a fun tune which plays as long as the baby walks and stops when the baby stops walking. It has got a fun play center, which has a sorting toy, and it makes some light and sound effects too. Safety wise, its wheels can be locked to control the speed. However, there are a few complaints about the wheels skidding on mosaic floors.
Rating: 4/5 (based on 10 customer reviews)
MeeMee Baby Walker Cum Rocker
Find latest priceThis baby walker with three adjustable height settings comes with a stopper so you can keep it stationary as a rocker when you need to take care of any chores. Thanks to the push bar, the caretaker can control the walker’s movement and even take it out to park for an evening stroll. The play center has a toy train, steering and some entertaining features to engage your little one. The wheels however don’t have brake, so you might have to take care when the baby is independently using the walker.
Rating: 5/5 (based on 3 customer reviews)